As a member of our culinary incubator, you are entitled to consultation with our in-house staff experts and have priority registration in any classes we offer, including our in-house ServSafe food safety class.
(1) Business development and planning. (“Do I start an LLC or an S-Corp?” “What’s a business plan?” “Where do I find these ‘investors’ I hear so much about?”)
(2) Permitting and regulatory guidance. (“What’s the difference between a hawker and peddler’s license and a common victualler? How many pieces of paper do I have to send to how many different governing agencies and how many fees are there?”)
(3) Finances and bookkeeping. (“I think my dog ate the shoebox I keep my receipts in. Is that a problem?”)
(4) Culinary and recipe guidance. (“I make food for a living but people tell me it tastes bad. How do I make it taste good?”)
(5) Marketing and sales support. (“Do I have to get a Twitter? What does it mean to Pinterest? Is Instagram still a thing? Will you re-Tweet me?”) (The answer is yes, by the way.)
(6) Event and vending opportunities. (“Okay, my social media looks great, but where…where do I physically go to sell my stuff?”)
Welcome to Our Culinary Incubator!
Oh, hello there! Are you a food entrepreneur trying to launch a new business? Are you an existing food company looking for commissary kitchen space and, potentially, consulting services or investment opportunities to grow your business? Do you need to rent a licensed kitchen space, or even just take a ServSafe course?
If so, our team at Stock Pot Malden would like to chat with you. Oh, but my goodness, how rude; we haven’t even introduced ourselves yet. Here’s our deal:
Stock Pot Malden is an elaborate test, seeking to prove that delicious and culturally diverse food + world-class business training for new entrepeneurs + empowering underserved communities + local economic development = good (and lucrative) business. Mo’ money, less problems.
It’s a case study in co-creation, a management strategy (and fun buzzword to use at parties if you want to sound business-savvy) premised on the idea that everything from small business to major global corporations will be most profitable if they empower and engage with all their stakeholders, particularly the little guys who tend to get overlooked. We believe particularly in minority ethnic and cultural group empowerment without tokenism or exploitation.
The investment comes from our sister entity Co-Creation Ventures LLC.